4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2006 7:17 PM by matthew.edwards

support for a developers day ...

tschnoelzer

Hi folks,

we changed envirement from struts to jsf(myfaces) with seam. Now my team likes to do the reasonable switch from tiles to facelets.

BUT: How to do productive work on facelet when using MYEclispeIde???

Is there a plugin or version of eclipse helping with code assistant and validation of schema? Is exadel a way to go?

What are you using, any hints?

Thx

Timo

• 1. Re: support for a developers day ...
          gavin.king

Ask in the Facelets list; i don't know of anything but surely *someone* is working on this.

And I bet it would be easy for MyEclipse or Exadel to enhance their existing JSF tooling to support Facelets, if they are not already working on it.

• 2. Re: support for a developers day ...
            matthew.edwards

There isn't much to the facelets tag library so you could probrably just print off a list and memorize it.

I use Dreamweaver and Eclipse together. I imported the JSF tag libraries into Dreamweaver.

I think someone made a JSF equivilent tag library desriptor just for use in Dreamweaver. As for using facelets in a GUI environement, I just create all the pages with Dreamweaver and then use the facelets jsfc tag property to insert all my JSF code.

• 3. Re: support for a developers day ...
              lavoir

"gavin.king@jboss.com" wrote:
              Ask in the Facelets list; i don't know of anything but surely *someone* is working on this.

And I bet it would be easy for MyEclipse or Exadel to enhance their existing JSF tooling to support Facelets, if they are not already working on it.

Exadel does support Facelets as indicated on the Facelets site:
              The Choice for JSF Exadel Studio just included Facelets support in both the free and PRO versions. Facelets for JSF now has over 13 THOUSAND hits on Google, and it was only released in July 2005!

Only problem I encountered was autocomplete for files with the .xhtml extentions, which apparently is/was a Eclipse or WTP bug.

• 4. Re: support for a developers day ...
                matthew.edwards

I thought the Exadel plugin was kind of bulky for what it was trying to do. It treats Facelets just like it does Struts giving you a project template like the Struts one. It doesn't even support the "jsfc" tag--which I thought was the best thing going for (or the very point of) Facelets.

What we need is the JBoss IDE Seam reverse engineer plugin to create a Facelets application instead of a JSP application. It would prove interesting to see it using "jsfc" attributes inside html tags instead of traditional JSF tags.

I simple snippet library could do the trick Exadel is trying to pull off.

I'll get off my soap box now.