2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2006 5:03 AM by baz

parallel root conversations?

baz

Hello,
      i'm not quite sure but i thing that my requirement are hierachical conversations(which are not supported by seam at the moment)
      Nevertheless, i ask my question:
      How to achieve parallel root conversations?
      The posting
      http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=79376
      implies for me that parallel conversations are possible, even as root conversation. But how to achieve them?

If i use an annotation @Begin i get an exception that a long running conversation is already active and i should use join=true.

My app has the need to select a project. Every state of the app is associated with this project. The users can select an other project to work with at any time.
      I see 2 possibilitys to implement this:
      1. parallel root conversatations (Now the user is able to switch between projects)

2. After selecting a new project, the app must reset its state. This includes the destroying of all existing conversations.

I am standing on my own feet:-) (do not have any idea to implement one of these choices.

Situation:
      The user has selected from a menu the entry 'select project' This leads to a page where a project could be choosen and set. The called action listener should begin a new root conversation but how can i achieve this?
      Ciao,
      Carsten

• 1. Re: parallel root conversations?
          gavin.king

Read the section of the documentation that describes the conversation propagation rules:

http://docs.jboss.com/seam/reference/en/html/conversations.html#d0e2603

• 2. Re: parallel root conversations?
            baz

Hello Gavin,
            after rereading the documentation i think this holds true:
            * you can have multiple workspaces
            * each workspace can contain one root conversation

So i have to create multiple workspaces. I do use this code :

<a href="/baz/faces/managePages/navigator.xhtml">New workspace</a> | <a href="/baz/faces/managePages/navigator.xhtml" target="_new">New window</a>

Whereas the url pattern for Faces servlet and Seam is set as:
             <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>

This solves my general problem.
            Thanks Gavin, for lifting my right foot from the left.

Ciao,
            Carsten
            PS
            Does anyone know how to use a url with the jscook menu?