6 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2006 11:59 PM by gavin.king

myfaces-1.1.3

emsa

I'm, trying to get Seam to run with myfaces-1.1.3 (jboss-GA, seam from CVS) but I just get:

Class org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamNavigationHandler is no javax.faces.application.NavigationHandler

when deploying. Doesn't Seam work with 1.1.3 or am I missing something?

/Magnus

• 1. Re: myfaces-1.1.3
          pmuir

Its a problem with myfaces logging. They've swallowed the ClassNotFoundException and displayed that error message instead. Make sure your jboss-seam.jar is in a location that is on the classpath (I have mine in the META-INF/lib of my ear); you'll need to update your application.xml to reflect this.

• 2. Re: myfaces-1.1.3
            armita

I think that seam and jboss shoudl dconsider myfaces upgrade, the 1.1.1 is really bugy and because of the dependencies inmyfaces tomahawk and other jsf components upgrading is error prone and time consuming. It would be really nice to have a decent version of myfaces bundeled with Jboss and Seam

• 3. Re: myfaces-1.1.3
              gavin.king

Of course, but last week was JavaOne. Everyone was very busy.

• 4. Re: myfaces-1.1.3
                gavin.king

Seam CVS now works with MyFaces 1.1.3. Make sure you set:

org.jboss.seam.core.init.myFacesLifecycleBug=true

if using MyFaces prior to 1.1.3.

If you want to upgrade JBoss AS to MyFaces 1.1.3 and deploy the Seam examples, just set:

jbossHasMyFacesLifecycleBug = false

in build.properties.

• 5. Re: myfaces-1.1.3
                  armita

Could you pelase explain what exactly this property doing? If i want to use myfaces 1-1-3 in my application how shall I do it?

• 6. Re: myfaces-1.1.3
                    gavin.king

If you are using MyFaces 1.1.3 you can ignore it. (ie. don't set it, or set it to false.)