0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2006 3:10 AM by dhinojosa

Gavin and other fellow Seamsters....There is a recurring pat

dhinojosa

I just started actually doing my own examples in the last week or so, feeling my way around, and I finally got a deployment up and running. Something I noticed is that there are three items that are not in the documentation, or touched upon very very lightly, or mentioned later in the documentation when it should be in the beginning. These items, I noticed, also happen to be things that cause many problems with users here in the seam forums. I can, or if someone else would like to add these following items to the beginning of the documentation, that would kick ass! ;)

1. What is the jboss-app.xml in the ear/META-INF folder for and what are the legal values that I put in there for my own app, and do I need it, and why would I need it?

2. The 'org.jboss.seam.core.init.jndiPattern' context param in the web.xml . It needs to be emphasized that the value "jboss-seam-registration" is just for the seam-registration example only. The documentation says "The configuration you see here is pretty much identical in all Seam applications." That one item though needs to be your own value, and that makes all the difference in the world.

<context-param>
      <param-name>org.jboss.seam.core.init.jndiPattern</param-name>
      <param-value>putYourEarNameHere/#{ejbName}/local</param-value>
      </context-param>

3. Your application will not work and you will not have your beans mapped to any context if you do not have a seam.properties file in the .jar file even if that seam.properties file is blank.

So those are some of the key things that I came across today, let me know what you think about amending the documentation. ;)

Danno!