0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2006 1:09 AM by markfoerstein

Old method signature being called. Why?

markfoerstein

I generated a CRUD app using the latest generator (Hibernate Tools 3.2.0 beta 6).

Then I had to change some types in the Entity. eg: I changed my "orderDate" field from Serializable to java.util.Date, since Oracle holds SYSDATE for that column. (I also changed a BigDecimal field to Double which led me to the very same problem posted here)

private Date orderDate;

Then of course I changed the getter and setter, and everything related, such as f:convertDateTime tag for the field inside the jsp.

All fine. Then I build and deploy the app. I check the deployed file just to make sure it is the one ;-)

Before starting JBoss, I remove the tmp and work dirs, just to make sure ;-)

Then I start JBoss and here we go. I access my search page, click on the Find button, and then I get a status 500 page with a Servlet Exception. Following the stack, I find the cause:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.example.order.Orders.getOrderDate()Ljava/io/Serializable;
       at com.example.order.OrdersFinderBean.executeQuery(OrdersFinderBean.java:73)
       at com.example.order.OrdersFinderBean.findFirstPage(OrdersFinderBean.java:125)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
       at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:112)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:166)
       ... 113 more

Of course it will never find this method, because I changed the return type. It is looking for the old method signature, and I can't find out why.

I have all the stuff up to date:
      Eclipse 3.2
      JBoss 4.0.4GA with EJB3 profile (JEMS installer)
      Seam 1.0.1GA

and the examples work just fine, like seam-booking.

Does anyone had this problem before? This is giving me headaches ;-)