6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2006 11:58 AM by d1g

<s:link view=

superfis

Hello,

I'm looking for solution which could give me a posibility like this:

<s:link view="#{...}" />

Every next step in my wizard depends on user choices made on current wizard-site.
      I've modified HtmlLink.java a bit to achieve this functionality but it's workaround only.

Gavin, could it be possible to extend <s:link.../> behavior to what I'm dreaming about? :)

Cheers,
      Slawek

• 1. Re: <s:link view=
          gavin.king

Well, this is totally doable but .... why exactly is it that you want this? Is it because you want to see friendlier URLs in the link?

I mean, you could just do:

<s:link action="#{...}"/>

where the action method returns the view-id you are interested in....

• 2. Re: <s:link view=
            superfis

Yes, you are definitely right. With current functionality there is inevitible to create another method returns outcome string. My point of view should avoid this another method and created link should pointed directly to desired site url .

And now something completely (not entirely) different... Using <s:link action="#{...}" /> I notised that final url is incorrect but only when long-running conversation propagated exists in url; there is double "?" mark.
            My own case looks like this:

"location.href='/cinema/wizardCinema.seam?actionMethod=wizardContainer.previousStepSite&conversationId=2?lrc=true'"

Regards,
            Slawek

-------------------------------------------------
            * - lrc is long-running conversation

• 3. Re: <s:link view=
              gavin.king

Please create issues in JIRA for each problem. TIA

• 4. Re: <s:link view=

Did somebody post issues to JIRA for this? Otherwise I will.

• 5. Re: <s:link view=
                  superfis
                  • 6. Re: <s:link view=

I raised a related issue some time ago:

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-216

This was to aid developers in creating nice looking URLs whilst still using Seam tags (for conversation management, etc.).

I currently use an extended version of s:link (see issue above) along with url rewrites to create URLs which are prettier.

It would be great if Gavin could take a look at s:link and consider these issues and the challenge of creating nice URLs.