2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2006 1:52 PM by Eric Ray

org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: Seam or Hibernate

Eric Ray Novice

Not sure where to post this so it's on the hibernate forum as well. I'm new to ejb, seam and hibernate so please excuse my ignorance.

I have a simple query that retrieves an entity from the database. Within that object I call a method to get a collection of different entitys.

Like so...

List<Object> l = entity.getCollection();

From searching google and reading posts I understand that I have a session issue and could fix the problem by using and EAGER strategy. However, I cannot get the eager to work either. I get the same error regardless of what I do.

I'm running the lastest version of JBoss AS and Seam.

Here's the actual code.

@DataModel
       private Set<RemittanceItemEntity> remitItems;

remitItems = packages.getSelectedClosedPackage().getRemittanceItems();

-----------------

Here is the entity bean method with annotations

@OneToMany(mappedBy="remittancePackage")
       public Set<RemittanceItemEntity> getRemittanceItems() {
       return remittanceItems;
       }

Here's the exception...although I'm sure you guys have seent this one before...
      Caused by: org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: com.vicor.DistributedCapture.ejb.PackageEntity.remittanceItems, no session or session was closed
       at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.throwLazyInitializationException(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:358)
       at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.throwLazyInitializationExceptionIfNotConnected(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:350)
       at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.readSize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:97)
       at org.hibernate.collection.PersistentSet.size(PersistentSet.java:114)
       at java.util.ArrayList.<init>(ArrayList.java:133)
       at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SetDataModel.setWrappedData(SetDataModel.java:96)
       at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SetDataModel.<init>(SetDataModel.java:33)
       at org.jboss.seam.databinding.DataModelBinder.wrap(DataModelBinder.java:48)
       at org.jboss.seam.databinding.DataModelBinder.wrap(DataModelBinder.java:19)
       at org.jboss.seam.Component.outjectDataModelList(Component.java:980)
       at org.jboss.seam.Component.outjectDataModels(Component.java:937)
       at org.jboss.seam.Component.outject(Component.java:857)
       at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.BijectionInterceptor.bijectTargetComponent(BijectionInterceptor.java:41)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
       at org.jboss.seam.util.Reflections.invoke(Reflections.java:13)
       at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.Interceptor.aroundInvoke(Interceptor.java:90)
       at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:60)
       at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.ConversationInterceptor.endOrBeginLongRunningConversation(ConversationInterceptor.java:82)
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
       at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:60)
       at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.BusinessProcessInterceptor.manageBusinessProcessContext(BusinessProcessInterceptor.java:60)
       at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.RemoveInterceptor.removeIfNecessary(RemoveInterceptor.java:39)
       at org.jboss.seam.ejb.SeamInterceptor.aroundInvokeInContexts(SeamInterceptor.java:73)
       at org.jboss.seam.ejb.SeamInterceptor.aroundInvoke(SeamInterceptor.java:45)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:118)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.invoke(EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.java:63)
       at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.ExtendedPersistenceContextPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ExtendedPersistenceContextPropagationInterceptor.java:57)
       at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.invoke(TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.java:54)
       at org.jboss.ejb3.AllowedOperationsInterceptor.invoke(AllowedOperationsInterceptor.java:47)
       at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:79)
       ... 45 more

Thanks.
      Eric Ray