4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2006 11:37 AM by aozoren

2(3?) step registration process

aozoren

hi - has anyone done a registration process with email verification? a new user self registers herself, the system sends the verification email with possibly a link to the system, and clicking on this link completes the registration process, sets the status of the user as "verified". any jpdl, idea, thought on how to implement it in "proper seam way" is appreciated.
      thanks, ali

• 1. Re: 2(3?) step registration process
          basel

Take a look at Seam hands-on lab from JBoss World given by Norman Richards.
          http://blog.hibernate.org/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/Gavin%20King/seam-lab.html

let me know if you have any questions.

• 2. Re: 2(3?) step registration process
            aozoren

Basel -
            I downloaded the fairly large file at the address and there was a jboss directory and a seam directory in it. They looked no different than a jboss dowload and a seam download combined. I looked through the directories but I didn't see anything specific to my question. Can you kindly point me to a file or directory (in this file structure) that implements email verification please?
            Thanks.
            ali

• 3. Re: 2(3?) step registration process
              basel

Take a look here:
              jbossworld-seam-lab/seam-lab/README/index.html

• 4. Re: 2(3?) step registration process
                aozoren

Basel - I have read that document a number of times both before you mentioned and after, just in case I missed something. Can you please quote the paragraph that is related to "email verification during a registration process". If I understood correct, this case involves saving the state of the "conversation" and continuing the process upon a get request to a servlet. Converting the booking example to a conversational version is provided but I haven't seen anything like what I described above. Does this index file you pointed, or the overall seam-lab, include an example to a process that is continued asyncronously upon a servlet request? Thanks, ali