2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2006 7:03 PM by andreh

"detached entity passed to persist" problem

andreh

Hi all,

I'm new to seam, and I'm creating a project here

I'm getting this Exception:

Exception during INVOKE_APPLICATION(5): javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PersistentObjectException: detached entity passed to persist: br.com.dehproject.UsuarioEntity

I know that I could use em.merge() to skip this, but I want to create a new object, not to update the actual one. My UsuarioEntity has a SESSION Scope, so that's why I get this... but I need the SESSION scope to the next page in my JSF to manage the contents of the object...

I have a page that register the users, and then redirect to another page where I manage the contents of the user using a Entity with a EVENT scope... But if I get back to the register page, I cannot persist another one and throw the Exception that I pasted above... =/ I want to create a new object to persist that has nothing to do with the other one...

How can I turn back and persist another object? but I also need to continue with a SESSION Scope, or I wish to have some idea from you...

Thanks!

• 1. Re:
          pmuir

You will have to post some of your code at least. It also sounds like you are confused about the interaction of Seam and Hibernate.

• 2. Re:
            andreh

I'll try to explaim better !

MyEntity:

@Entity
            @Scope(SESSION)
            @Name(users)
            public class UserEntity implements Serializable {

//variable and setters and getters

}

My Action Register:

@Stateless
            @Scope(EVENT)
            @Name("register")
            public class RegisterAction implements Register {

@In
             UserEntity userentity;

@PersistenceContext
             EntityManager em;

public String register(){

//some if's and here
             em.persist(userentity);

return "/anotherpage.seam";
             }
            }

and in my jsf page
            <h:commandButton value="Register" action="#{register.register}" />

So, I persist one Object, and It is Ok, but if I turn back and go to persist another one, I get that Exception above... I know that's because my UserEntity hava SESSION scope...

Do I have to change the UserEntity Scope to Event? and modify somethings to make it work properly?