4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2006 5:16 PM by alexg79

Seam dependent on JBoss Cache?

alexg79

I'm using Seam 1.1CR2 with Glassfish v1 final.
      When I added:

<context-param>
       <param-name>com.sun.faces.verifyObjects</param-name>
       <param-value>true</param-value>
       </context-param>

to figure out why the submitted form data in my application was lost, I ran into this:
      javax.faces.FacesException: Cant instantiate class: org.jboss.seam.ui.UICache.
      Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: Cant instantiate class: org.jboss.seam.ui.UICache.
      Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/cache/CacheException

Am I understanding correctly that Seam UI's caching only works under JBoss?
      I have not used the <s:cache> tag anywhere. How can I disable caching in Seam UI? The whole Seam UI thing seems largely undocumented.

• 1. Re: Seam dependent on JBoss Cache?

Seam supports many optional features. If you use those optional features, you should have the correct libraries to go along with it. If you don't use them, you do not need the libraries. If you try to load each and every optional component without having all the optional libraries, you will have problems.

• 2. Re: Seam dependent on JBoss Cache?
            alexg79

If you try to load each and every optional component without having all the optional libraries, you will have problems.

What optional component could I be loading here? And since there is no documentation for Seam UI, how am I supposed to know which libraries I need, even if I DID want to load them?
            As I explained, I did not use <s:cache> or anything that would require the use of JBoss Cache.
            I just wanted to test form submission. What optional components does that need?

• 3. Re: Seam dependent on JBoss Cache?

Yes, you are using it. You specified VerifyObjects instantiates *every* component. If you are going to ask for the component to be instantiated, you need to provide the supporting libraries.

• 4. Re: Seam dependent on JBoss Cache?
                alexg79

Thanks, I forgot about all the Seam injected components that would be instantiated.