4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2006 11:14 PM by atzbert

Jetbrains IntelliJ and seam (and maybe seam-gen)?

erikt

Any plans for seam-gen to support IntelliJ?

I've been trying to get my feet wet with seam for a couple of days, but I find it extremely difficult to setup a proper project in IntelliJ 6.

Regards,
      Erik Tjernlund

• 1. Re: Jetbrains IntelliJ and seam (and maybe seam-gen)?

Ok,

i created some sort of plain seam project which was originally created by seam-gen and has been a little bit "enriched". You'll find an IntelliJ project file in the base directory along with 3 module files (ear/war/jar). Just open the project and do some minor adjustments:

-edit the project jdk
          -adjust the testproject-ds.xml / jboss-beans.xml to match your db
          -edit the {basedir}/build.properties and set the jboss home accordingly

If you want to use the seam gen tasks (which I have slightly modified and reduced to the file generators) then you should edit the {basedir}/seamgen/generator.properties file and make it matching your paths.

That should be it.

I added two ant build files, the upper one (called testproject) deploys/builds the application. Use "explode" to explode it to the jboss deploy dir and "restart" to touch the deployment descriptor in order to redeploy the app.

The other one is the "reduced to file generators" - seam gen. Pretty useful I think.

Have fun, and let me know if there are any further problems.

Tino

ps: download it here: http://pluggable.de/download/testproject.tar.gz ;P

• 2. Re: Jetbrains IntelliJ and seam (and maybe seam-gen)?

Maybe some intellij users want to contribute intellij project generation support for seam-gen? I don't know how many IDEs we can realistically support, but if there are enough IntelliJ seam users, it might be doable.

• 3. Re: Jetbrains IntelliJ and seam (and maybe seam-gen)?
              thejavafreak

"norman.richards@jboss.com" wrote:
              Maybe some intellij users want to contribute intellij project generation support for seam-gen? I don't know how many IDEs we can realistically support, but if there are enough IntelliJ seam users, it might be doable.

I agree. I think bundling IntelliJ support in seam-gen is much better rather than having it from other site.

• 4. Re: Jetbrains IntelliJ and seam (and maybe seam-gen)?

I guess it shouldn't be much of a problem to create templates out of these project files in the posted sample application. I'd gladly contribute and create 'em. Though I won't make it in 2006 anymore :) ...