3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2007 12:32 AM by norman.richards

Seam's Manager class bug?

app4you

Hello,

I'm using Seam 1.1GA and have observed a bug in the Manager class when its redirect method tries to redirect a long running conversation bookmarked URL or by selecting from the browser's URL location dropdown. Here is the scenario using this URL for sample:

http://localhost:8080/my-seam-app/editCustomer.jsf?cid=7&clr=true

The application uses Servlet filter to enforce user to come to a common login page. if there is no active session. Please note that this servlet filter does not interact with Seam in anyway. When the response.redirect set the login URL, successfully called the FilterChain.doFilter, then suddenly the org.jboss.seam.core.manager instance captured the above URL then called its redirect that caused the IllegalStateException because the context.getApplication() is null. Please note that it only occurs for the long running conversation. If I set the following property to blank in the components.xml, everything works as expected.

I also use the noConversationViewId in the component.xml too but won't be executed because the JSF phaseId is different in this case.

Also look at this threat for more info => http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=98098

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug? Any workaround for this?

Appreciates,

John

• 1. Re: Seam's Manager class bug?

Is your filter the first filter in the filter chain?

• 2. Re: Seam's Manager class bug?
            app4you

Yes, it's the very first one in the chain filter. Again, the error occurs when the URL contains the ?cid=###&clr=true. The clr is the long running name that is specified in the components.xml file. The error blew up for whatever the combination of the cid=###&longRunName=true.

To resolve this problem right now, what I did what to put a blank for the long running name into the components.xml or to mod the Manager's redirect to check for the face's application for nullity.

Thanks,
            John

• 3. Re: Seam's Manager class bug?

I guess you'll have to open a JIRA case and submit some code because I'm not following how to reproduce this.