1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2007 9:32 AM by norman.richards

Specifying a global ExceptionHandler/Interceptor

zappen

Hello!

I would like to know if it is possible to specify a global exception handler/interceptor that takes precedence over any interceptor defined by Seam. What I would like to accomplish is a workaround to the problem that the debug.seam page does not work together with ICEFaces.

My current error is that I don't get any inidications in either server.log or on the console on what the problem might be. The only output I'm getting is the following:

reading exceptions.xml

also I get in the server.log file a line that states that a redirect is performed to the error.xhtml page. However I don't get redirected and I don't get any stack traces on the error that supposedly occurred.

So I thought the since the debug.seam page won't work together with ICEFaces I would build a custom exception interceptor that overrides any other handling in the packages. However I can't seem to find any information on how to do this. With my usual luck it is quite likely that it can not be done at all, or?

I would really appriciate any hints on how to go forward in this issue.

Kind regards

• 1. Re: Specifying a global ExceptionHandler/Interceptor

Exceptions are caught by ExceptionInterceptor, which delegates to the Exceptions component to handle exception. If you want to override Seam's exception handling policy, you just need to install a custom-subclass of that class. I doubt that's really necessary in this case, but I don't know anything at all about icefaces integration.