I've fixed the data issues you mentioned. The title length was an obvious bug, and there is certainly no harm in starting actor ids at 1 instead 1 of 0.
I just tried and had no problem running the DVD Store on tomcat. I didn't switch to mysql, so that could be a factor. I'll have to play with it a bit as I want to understand the issue rather than just hacking at the config files.
I switched to mysql and did not encounter any startup issues.
I think the issue with starting jbpm before ejb is not as straightforward as I thought. I found that if I switched the order in the config file back to the way it was originally and redeployed, it worked fine. The only way I could reproduce the error was by completely replacing the dvdstore directory with the one from the seam download - starting from scratch.
I'll try to play more with it to see if I can find specifically which file is causing problems.
Thanks for updating the demo.
Well, nuts. I can't reproduce it at all now. No idea what was different before.
Nevermind, I guess. Thanks for your time.