We are looking at using Captchas on a couple public pages in our application. We added the JCaptcha functionality from CVS. We have a couple questions that hopefully someone could help out with:
1) Out of the box we have a very hard time reading many of the generated images. Any advice on how to configure the fonts, deformations, size, etc? Is this possible?
2) Performance of generating the image. It takes ~10 seconds to render the image. After the first image is rendered, additional images are about ~5 seconds. Any advice on how to improve the performance.
3) Are there any other Captcha packages aside for JCaptcha that works well in a JSF or Seam environment?
1) I've created a JIRA issue for this - http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-865
2) This is really a question for the JCaptcha people, you might want to ask on their mailing list.
3) A simple google search reveals there are a few of them, but I haven't tried any of them.