3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2007 9:04 PM by enazareno

Remoting problem in mozilla

enazareno

Hi,

The remoting javascript does not return a value if I use Mozilla but works OK in IE. Here is the debug output in Mozilla

Wed Mar 07 2007 20:11:25 GMT+0800 (China Standard Time): Request packet:
      <envelope><header><context></context></header><body><call component="sendoutRule" method="sayHello" id="0">
      <params><param><str>TEST</str></param></params><refs></refs></call></body></envelope>

and here is the output in IE
      Wed Mar 7 20:11:49 UTC+0800 2007: Request packet:
      <envelope><header><context></context></header><body><call component="sendoutRule" method="sayHello" id="0">
      <params><param><str>TEST</str></param></params><refs></refs></call></body></envelope>

Wed Mar 7 20:11:49 UTC+0800 2007: Response packet:
      <envelope><header><context><conversationId>14</conversationId></context></header><body><result id="0"><value><str>Hello%20TEST</str></value><refs></refs></result></body></envelope>

Anything I missed or is this not supported in Mozilla?

Regards

Elmo

• 1. Re: Remoting problem in mozilla
          shane.bryzak

Does the remoting helloworld example work?

• 2. Re: Remoting problem in mozilla
            enazareno

Hi Shane,

I copied the exact code from the hello world example into my app. It works in IE but in Mozilla it can successfully send the data to the server but it doesn't return the result. Anyway, I'll try running the helloworld example standalone. Ill give you a feedback. Thanks

Regards,

Elmo

• 3. Re: Remoting problem in mozilla
              enazareno

Hi Shane,

OK, I've been able to find the culprit. Actually my remote bean did work successfully. The problem was if the button was located inside a form like this:

<form>
               <button onclick="javascript:sayHello()">Say Hello</button>
               </form>

This will not work in Mozilla. In IE, it works OK. Now in most cases, my button will reside in a form. At least the remoting worked. FYI

Regards,

Elmo