1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2008 11:09 AM by David Schlotfeldt

submittedValue lost in a:repeat when commandbutton immedate=

David Schlotfeldt Newbie

When the page below is submitted the values in the a4j:repeat lost -- it doesn't render the submittedValues as the field at the top of the form does.

<h:form id="savetest">
       <h:inputText id="first" value="#{requestScope.blah}"/>
       <a4j:repeat id="testList" value="#{objectManager.test}" var="test">
       <h:inputText id="xxx" value="#{test.name}"/>
       </a4j:repeat>
       <h:commandButton id="b" action="null" immediate="true"/>
       </h:form>

If I was using tomahawk's t:dataTable I know I could do the following:
      <t:dataTable preserveRowStates="true" id="testListDataTable" value="#{objectManager.test}" var="test">
       <h:column>
       <h:inputText id="xxx" value="#{test.name}"/>
       </h:column>
       </t:dataTable>

Note the preserveRowStates="true" on the t:dataTable above.

I have tried componentState="#{objectManager.teststate}" on the a4j:repeat but that doesn't seem to do what I want.

How do i get the components within a a4j:repeat, a4j:dataList, or a4j:dataTable to render with their submittedValue when a commandButton with immediate=true is clicked?

I am using JSF 1.2 and RichFaces 3.2.2.SR1.

Thanks,
      David

PS. I have spent ALL DAY (litterally) on this so please some help if you have any ideas... THANKS!

• 1. Re: submittedValue lost in a:repeat when commandbutton immed
          David Schlotfeldt Newbie

Well looking at the source code of richfaces it seems their iterating components subclass uidataadaptor. that class has the following method

protected boolean keepSaved(FacesContext context) {
           // For an any validation errors, children components state should be preserved
           FacesMessage.Severity sev = context.getMaximumSeverity();
           return (sev != null && (FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR.compareTo(sev) >= 0));

Else where in the code the keepSave(..) method is called to test if it should remove the state of children.
          Possible solutions are to either add a faces message of at least severity error.. or modify the code.. hmmm...