1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 28, 2007 2:10 AM by gavin.king

Error in & question regarding docs

spambob

1. I think the "copy & paste" devil got you and the last two lines in chapter 7.1.1 - the seam navigation rules - should state:

</navigation>
      </page>

2. This is probably more a problem with my "great" english skillz ;):

The last sentence in chapter 2.7 states:
      However, seam-gen does not support incremental hot deployment for EAR projects.

Does this mean I can't use this hot deployment feature (independently from seam-gen) if I deploy my app as an EAR, not even for the WAR contained inside of the EAR?

Further the docs say (3 lines above):
      the hot-deployable components will not be visible to any classes deployed outside of WEB-INF/dev

So I should be fine if I dump my stuff in WEB-INF/dev instead of WEB-INF/classes during development and simply switch to WEB-INF/classes for production?

Assuming the answer to my 1st question is yes: If it works for a WAR contained inside of an EAR: will the EJBs, ... see the changes?

3. Last but not least: I really love this feature but I have to use EJBs. So do you have a _rough_ ETA to get this working for EJBs - like next month, autumn, ...?

• 1. Re: Error in & question regarding docs
          gavin.king

Does this mean I can't use this hot deployment feature (independently from seam-gen) if I deploy my app as an EAR, not even for the WAR contained inside of the EAR?

No, it means what it says. Why would I write "seam-gen" if I meant "Seam"?

So I should be fine if I dump my stuff in WEB-INF/dev instead of WEB-INF/classes during development and simply switch to WEB-INF/classes for production?

That is the idea, yes.

Last but not least: I really love this feature but I have to use EJBs. So do you have a _rough_ ETA to get this working for EJBs - like next month, autumn, ...?

It's unlikely that we will have time to look at this before JavaOne in May.