3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2007 1:49 PM by monkeyden

ICEFaces DR and Seam

monkeyden

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to successfully upgrade ICEFaces to DR#3 or DR#4 to get it working with Seam 1.2? If so, I'd love to see the config files. There appears to be something missing in the 5-step "integration documentation." I'm convinced it's not as simple as I'm led to believe.

• 1. Re: ICEFaces DR and Seam
          zzzz8

Have you tried the ICEfaces / Seam gen? That seems to work for me... up to a point. The server-side rendering in the ICEfaces / Seam gen project web page (in particular, the footer) of the time doesn't seem to work. Other than that, the project seems to be configured correctly.

You may also want to look at the Seam component showcase.

• 2. Re: ICEFaces DR and Seam
            monkeyden

No I haven't, because I already have a project. Generating a new project is not an option for most people who are already invested in the Seam/ICEFaces pairing. If the only way is to "start from scratch", then we're trying to mix oil and water.

• 3. Re: ICEFaces DR and Seam
              monkeyden

Incidentally, this integration has been frustrating at almost every pass. In my estimation, the combination of the two isn't production ready. But don't take my word for it, since I can't even get a post-1.5.3 version of ICEFaces to work with Seam.