3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2007 10:39 AM by sradford

Converation Design Pattern

emsa

I have some problems making the Conversation work like I want to, this is loosely related to http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=108452.

I have a number of menu-alternatives each menu leads to wizard-like dialog structure with multiple levels of nested conversations.

Since users tend to do unexpected things I like to be able to pop all (sub-)conversations when the user selects a new item from the menu.

I seam to run across this kind of problem from now to then and I like an straight forward way to solve this with out having unused conversations hanging around.

• 1. Re: Converation Design Pattern
          sradford

I guess that your 'root-level' menu items would have their conversation propagation set to false.

As to not 'having unused conversations hanging around', I think you'd have to do your own cleaning-up of them in java code.

• 2. Re: Converation Design Pattern
            emsa

Thanks,

this is what I expected - what I also need to do at times is to pop just some nested levels but still propagate the top conversation(s).

From what I understand a call to @End always ends the inner-most Conversation? If I need more control over the conversation stack for ex if I need @End somewhere else then inner-most Conversation I do need to code this 'by hand'?

• 3. Re: Converation Design Pattern
              sradford

That's what I understand too. Not too sure how you get to analyse the conversation stack though.