1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 11:29 AM by koen handekyn

seam app + another app using SSO

zenon kowalski Newbie

Hi all,

I have main application written in Struts and I need to link my smaller seam application with it using SSO. What I need to do is:
      - user clicks specified link at the main application's page with url parameter and gets into seam application where some pageflows / actions are preformed. After finished conversation I need to redirect user back to main application's page (this one he cliked link at). How can I achieve this? How to write navigation rules? How should I specify view-id or sth? Assume I have no security yet so Seam application is available for all users.

• 1. Re: seam app + another app using SSO
          koen handekyn Newbie

i don't know if this is going to help you but i sovled a related issue for single sign on as described below to log in to my seam application from a URL.

usage : https://host:port/appdomain/SingleSignOn.seam?login=aaa&password=bbb

for your problem, i guess a similar approach could be taken, while also consuming an extra parameter being the url parameter.

at the end of the flow you than can redirect to the original URL with

private ExternalContext externalContext;

a quick and dirty approach I use:

from pages.xml

<page view-id="/singleSignOn.xhtml"
           <navigation from-action="#{identity.login}">
           <rule if="#{identity.loggedIn}">
           <redirect view-id="/home.xhtml"/>

with an empty singleSignOn.xhtml page

while reading two request parameters within my AuthenticationAction bean

public class AuthenticatorAction implements AuthenticatorI {
           Log log;
           String login;
           String password;