2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2007 8:12 AM by mgorav

@startup and performace issues

mgorav

Gavin I am really wowed over you JBoss seam framework. I am big fan yours. I would like to ask you one question. When we use @startup, how seam able to lunch at time of deployment. I looked into code; specifically I am referring to ComponentScanner. Is Jboss seam you parse all the .class files in the class path and find out where @startup annotation given and then execute it? If that the case, it?s a serious performance hit in large enterprise application and will take lots of time in deployment and eat up memory. Please help me understand you framework better.

• 1. Re: @startup and performace issues
          gavin.king

We scan only the archives with a seam.properties or META-INF/components.xml file in them.

• 2. Re: @startup and performace issues
            mgorav

Gavin one more question. Being a Senior Architect, I have provided and promoted JBoss seam as THE framework for the enterprise based application specifically in the financial domain.
            But sometime, I do get a stiff competence from the rival camp; where guys says JBoss seam is good if it get integrated with Struts2. Is there way we achieve this?