0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2007 5:17 AM by smokingapipe

PropertyNotFoundException?

smokingapipe

I have an EJB application, which uses a Swing desktop interface. I'm finding that, while Swing can produce better UIs than are possible in web apps, developing in Swing is slower and more painful than developing in good ole' JBoss Seam (side note: it would be super-cool if there were some Seam-style way to build Swing apps).

Anyway, so I'm trying to add Seam and web pages to my existing app. And when I try to access any of the beans, I get an exception:

02:06:52,316 ERROR [SeamLoginModule] Error invoking login method
      javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Target Unreachable, identifier 'authenticator' resolved to null
       at com.sun.faces.application.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:84)
       at org.jboss.seam.actionparam.ActionParamBindingHelper.invokeTheExpression(ActionParamBindingHelper.java:58)
       at org.jboss.seam.actionparam.ActionParamMethodBinding.invoke(ActionParamMethodBinding.java:75)
      (etc)

I have an ejb-jar.xml file which is exactly the same one that comes with jboss.

I'm using JBoss AS 4.2.1 and JBoss Seam 1.2.1 and all this is with Java 6.

Any suggestions? I know this is some very simple configuration issue but I'm not getting past it.

Thanks