5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2010 2:37 PM by das

FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id

constantin.popa

Using JBoss Portal 2.7.2, Richfaces 3.3.1.GA and JSF 1.1.14

I get this error when session timeout for application occurs:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.faces.FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id Project.Portlet.MyPortletFDC993D4521D1648F714B0FFED7F5152:view:jbpns_2fPortal6_2fPageA_2fPageB_2ePortlet_2eMyPortletInstanceWindowsnpbj
      org.jboss.portletbridge.context.ServletExternalContextImpl.(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:95)
      org.jboss.portletbridge.context.FacesContextFactoryImpl.getFacesContext(FacesContextFactoryImpl.java:164)
      javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:260)
      org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:178)
      org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:290)
      org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:368)
      org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:495)
      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA logs.
      JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA

Please help to find a solution...

• 1. Re: FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id
          wesleyhales

This is a known problem for the 1.0 bridge. Please switch to the latest 2.0.0.x release (2.0.0.BETA)

• 2. Re: FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id
            constantin.popa

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.
            I changed to use bridge version that you suggested me but when deploying the application for each portlet I get an error:
            11:17:44,081 ERROR [STDERR] 24.11.2009 11:17:44 javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet init
            INFO: Init GenericFacesPortlet for portlet project.Portlet.MyPortlet
            11:17:44,096 ERROR [STDERR] 24.11.2009 11:17:44 javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet calculateBridgeClassName
            INFO: Bridge class name is org.jboss.portletbridge.AjaxPortletBridge
            11:17:44,112 ERROR [STDERR] 24.11.2009 11:17:44 javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet init
            INFO: The bridge does not support doHeaders method

Version used:

<jsf.version>1.2_13</jsf.version>
             <richfaces.version>3.3.2.SR1</richfaces.version>
             <portletbridge.version>2.0.0.BETA</portletbridge.version>
            • 3. Re: FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id
              gamba

I'm using the same version and getting the same errors when deploying my applications.

Are there any known issues or further information relating to this messages ...

Thx,

Holger

• 4. Re: FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id
                I used version 2.0.0.CR1 and I had this same ERROR msg when I deployed the WAR file. After that, this error did not affect the operation of the program. I returned to version 1.0.0.CR3, and after that I don't have this msg.
                • 5. Re: FacesException: No saved portlet window state for an id
                  das

I am coming across this error "No saved portlet window state for an id" intermittently in production environmnet which springs up on browser. I am using jboss portal 2.6.5.SP1 along with  portletbridge 1.0.0.CR2 and richfaces 3.3.0.GA.

Is there any particular conditipon or browser behaviour which produces this. Most of the time it has been observed on Firefox 3.6.x version.

Will an update of portletbridge to 2.0.0. , help in solving this issue? Will this version of jbossportletbridge be compatible with jboss portal 2.6.5.SP1 and richfaces 3.3.0.GA  ?