2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2007 3:09 PM by samdoyle

JBoss Seam + EJB 3.0 in other App Server

ffranceschi1

I read a article about JBoss Seam, and in this article the Author says "JBoss Seam works in any Application Server". JBoss Seam works fine in ex. Weblogic 10, WebSphere (with EJB Session 3.0)? I do have any limitation?

I get this note in faq

http://labs.jboss.com/jbossseam/faq#j2ee

Q: Can I run Seam in a J2EE environment?

A: Yes, as of Seam 1.1, you can use Seam in any J2EE application server, with one caveat: you will not be able to use EJB 3.0 session beans. However, you can use either Hibernate or JPA for persistence, and you can use Seam JavaBean components instead of session beans.

• 1. Re: JBoss Seam + EJB 3.0 in other App Server

EJB 3 was not part of the J2EE spec so that the reason for the caveat. The faq page probably needs updated for JEE 5 which does include EJB 3.

As far as I know, you should be able to run on any JEE 5 app server. Check you app server's documentation.

• 2. Re: JBoss Seam + EJB 3.0 in other App Server
            samdoyle

Seam 2.0.x from head branch works fine with GlassFish V2 for most stuff I have tried soo far.

I would REALLY like it though if I could get the JavaScript Remoting support to work but it doesn't appear to and it is really frustrating. I don't think this is related to the app. server though.