Not sure why this fixed it, but as I looked through my log file I noticed that JBoss was complaining because I did not have a facelets class. I was not using facelets (I am using JSP), so I thought the error was minor. I decided to push a facelets.jar file to my server to get rid of the first message and now my annotated bean is being scanned and published correctly by SEAM... I am not sure why this fixed it, however.
Well, after more investigation, I discovered it was not my facelets JAR file that fixed this bug, but rather placing a seam.properties file in my WEB-INF/classes directory. The file is empty, but it triggers the seam scanner and deployer to look at the files inside the war's classes directory.