5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 6:20 AM by amarkhel

Security API for Richfaces 3.2.2?

aminpr

Hello forum.

I would like to know if richfaces is compatible with Spring Security(aka acegi). Or if there is an other security API out there that I could use with Richfaces 3.2.2 or 3.2.3.

• 1. Re: Security API for Richfaces 3.2.2?

I use the Spring-Security framework in conjunction with Spring Web Flow. And Richfaces is used in facelet pages.

• 2. Re: Security API for Richfaces 3.2.2?
            aminpr

Thanks for the tip. I will try that. Do you know any other security api that could be implemented on richfaces without having to use a web API's like Struts or Spring.

• 3. Re: Security API for Richfaces 3.2.2?

As far as I know, richfaces does not impose or provide authentication or authorization services. It is a JSF component library. JSF provides navigation, scope, bean management, and UI components. Both defer to the application server or higher level frameworks for security. Spring security is a good option if using the spring framework. Seam provides a security framework as well.

• 4. Re: Security API for Richfaces 3.2.2?
                nimo22

Will Richfaces has something like that what IceFaces has?:

http://www.icefaces.org/JForum/posts/list/10974.page

ICEFaces provides a JAAS security

support for user-role authentication (renderedOnUserRole, enabledOnUserRole, etc.)

• 5. Re: Security API for Richfaces 3.2.2?
                  amarkhel

Hello, if you are using seam-framework support of JAAS security provided out-of-the-box. Just implement login form, assign on this form two fileds to component identity(built-in-seam) and provide authenticating method with you logic. Then on page you may use it. For example
                  <rich:datatable rendered="#{identity.isLoggedIn}" ..../> or
                  <rich:datatable rendered="#{identity.isUserInRole("admin")}" ..../> etc...