1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2007 2:30 PM by pmuir

Manager.instance().getCurrentConversationId() and nested con

Another Seam user(Stu) and I are integrating Seam and Flex. We have made a lot of progress. In my testing of conversations I noticed that if I have a nested conversation inside of a long running conversation. When I call @End the conversationId is not Popped back to the parent converationId.
      i.e. Manager.instance().getCurrentConversationId() returns the nested converationId, is this how it is intended to work?
      Should I be calling Manager.getInstance().getRootConversationId() in this situation?

Looking at the log in the nested situation it looks like the @End is killing the outer conversation

17:06:17,082 INFO [SeamServiceInvoker]Is Long Running Conversation false
      17:06:17,082 INFO [SeamServiceInvoker] Is Nested Conversation true

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Manager.instance().getCurrentConversationId() and nested
          pmuir

"cingram" wrote:
          Another Seam user(Stu) and I are integrating Seam and Flex. We have made a lot of progress. In my testing of conversations I noticed that if I have a nested conversation inside of a long running conversation. When I call @End the conversationId is not Popped back to the parent converationId.
          i.e. Manager.instance().getCurrentConversationId() returns the nested converationId, is this how it is intended to work?

This seems like correct behaviour - remember that @End just demotes the conversation to temporary - it doesn't end until the request is complete.