2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2007 12:17 PM by terryb

Navigation page numbers using EntityHome

terryb

Is it possible to have record navigation buttons (next/previous page...) buttons using the EntityHome object, eg in f:subview tag?

The seam-gen project does not generate next/previous page buttons for Edit and View pages. It only does so for List pages. And I can't see to find a way if it can be done via EntityHome object... ?

• 1. Re: Navigation page numbers using EntityHome
          christian.bauer

Well, EntityHome is for managing _one_ instance of an entity. If you want the previous/next entity instances, you need some kind of collection obviously or a query that retrieves them. There are dozens of ways how you can do that but I don't think EntityHome is relevant.

• 2. Re: Navigation page numbers using EntityHome
            terryb

I was thinking of navigation buttons for childern records when EntityHome has one-many relationship, eg on Organisation view page, like to list Organisation Users in a f:subview; and have navigation buttons for subview data (Organisation Users). But with seam-gen example, it accesses subview data via EntityHome. I am new to seam stuff, and having problem figuring our, how I can achieve this.

public class OrganisationHome extends EntityHome<...>{

public List<...> getOrganisationUsers() {

}

}