2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2007 4:46 PM by jazir1979

JasperReport+Seam

mirlabraga

Hello People

How do I do for create a report with Jasper Report and show on Seam?

Is It possible?

I cant'n use the lib of the Seam (jboss-seam-pdf.jar), because my bussing request

Jasper Report.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: JasperReport+Seam
          arussel

I don't know about JasperReport but we're using BusinessObject without problem.
          We just get an action that get the HttpServletResponse and write report in pdf/excel/html to it.
          We have a BO component that do all the heavy work (not much to do with seam).
          The component is behind a facade so we can create a mock for testing.
          alex

• 2. Re: JasperReport+Seam
            jazir1979

"mirlabraga" wrote:
            Hello People

How do I do for create a report with Jasper Report and show on Seam?

Is It possible?

I cant'n use the lib of the Seam (jboss-seam-pdf.jar), because my bussing request

Jasper Report.

Thanks.

Hi, it certainly is possible. On my project I wrote a custom JSF component (extending UIComponentBase) that allows me to preview a report in HTML and generate an export to any of the supported output formats (PDF, etc).

I allow input boxes as child elements of my report component to provide user filters, eg:

<x:report reportName="invoice">
             <h:outputLabel....>
             <h:inputText.....>
            </x:report>

I gave some hints about the implementation in a previous forum post: http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=109188

Ideally I would like to extract this code from my project and provide a 3rd-party JSF component, but I do not have permission to do this (yet).

Hope this helps,
            Daniel.