If you can attach an example to allow us to reproduce the issues to a JIRA issue we can take a look. I know there are problems in this area.
In what form do you expect example? deployable ear? or just files involved to this bug, i.e. bean definition, page source, controller source and etc?
Our deployable ear is about 5Mb.
Preferably something that just shows the problem, with source code and a build script.
Looks like messages added to old conversation, after error Seam opens new BUT keeps old conversation id in URL. After refreshing Seam returns to old conversation and displays messages.
See some debug logs below
Legend FMhash is org.jboss.seam.faces.FacesMessages component instance hash code RT = org.jboss.seam.faces.FacesMessages.runTasks() END_CNV = org.jboss.seam.exception.RedirectHandler.handle()/Conversation.instance().end() REDIRECT=org.jboss.seam.faces.Navigator.redirect()/FacesManager.instance().redirect BRR = org.jboss.seam.faces.FacesMessages.beforeRenderResponse()
... I opened NESTED conversation and I did something that produces SQLException ... RT conversationId=5, FMhash=26790826 END_CNV conversationId=5 REDIRECT conversationId=5 BRR conversationId=6 (!!!!!), FMhash=7429444 (!!!!!) At this point error page is opened, NO error messages, URL contains conversationId=5 ... I refreshed page ... RT conversationId=5, FMhash=26790826 END_CNV conversationId=5 REDIRECT conversationId=5 BRR conversationId=5, FMhash=26790826 At this point error page refreshed and contains missed messages
Looks like there is redirection failure while exception processed.