3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2008 12:15 PM by kosl

Problems with @RequestParameter

kosl

Dear All,

I'm developing a statefull session bean, which is at the same time a seam component. I'm using amoung others @Out annotations in it, the outjected data should be initialised based on a parameter from url. I was trying to use both the pages.xml for the url parameter definition, and the @RequestParameter unfortunatelly, neither in the constructor nor in the @PostConstruct method the parameter aith set yet.

I guess I dont understand well enought how the lifecycle looks like, is there any way to solve my issue?

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Kind Regards,

Karol

• 1. Re: Problems with @RequestParameter
          kosl

Ok, it seems like I've solved it.

The parameter is set in the method annotated with @Create,

I also tried the @Factory tag but it looks like its working only for injected fields...

Is the solution with @Create correct ?

Thanks in advance,

Karol

• 2. Re: Problems with @RequestParameter
            damianharvey

It might be helpful to describe what functionality you require. From what you've said so far it sounds like you want to pass in a parameter that is then outjected for another component to use. Is this correct? So this bean is just an intermediary?

Cheers,

Damian.

• 3. Re: Problems with @RequestParameter
              kosl

Hi thank you for your answer.

The bean is not just an intermediary, it is a backing bean for page displaying in some way data in the entity which id I want to pass through url parameter. For example http://URL/page.html?id=324

After entering page.html the id is passed to the bean and in the @Create method I'm finding the entity with id 324 setting the beans local variables some of them @outjected and whose value is taken from the entity with id 324.

Kind Regards,

Karol