I've never had any problems moving Seam apps between machines. Unless you've done something platform-specific, everything should be fine. You might find that different VM/network configuration settings will work better on Linux than on Windows, but all that is at the appserver level and not in your application itself.
Thanks Norman. That is what I figured. If anyone else has tips, please let me know.
This is why I hired the consultant fast track things like:
1. Setting multiple JBAS instances to start of on separte IP addresses
2. Make these services start after PostgreSQL
3. General security and management concerns.
4. Make me a kickstart install disk.
Where would be the best place to ask the following licensing questions?
1. Can I include JBoss LGPL products on the kickstart that will install the OS?
2. Can I include my closed source application based on JBoss LGPL products on my kickstart disk?
This kickstart disk is mainly for disaster recovery and will not be distributed as a generic installer for the application.
I will however install fresh copy of Linux. Run a script to set up the database and JBAS and deploy my application.
I can put the application setup on a separate disk if necessary, but would rather not.