I am running this version on my Windows boxes just fine. I suspect that the download was corrupted. In the bin directory, is there a 'native' subdirectory? It should contain the following:
>dir Volume in drive C has no label. Volume Serial Number is 2473-5A25 Directory of C:\jboss\web\jbossweb-1.0.0.GA\bin\native 07/24/2006 08:17 PM <DIR> . 07/24/2006 08:17 PM <DIR> .. 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 139,264 libapr-1.dll 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 1,019,904 libeay32.dll 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 106,496 libtcnative-1.dll 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 522 Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 479,232 msvcm80.dll 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 548,864 msvcp80.dll 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 626,688 msvcr80.dll 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 294,912 openssl.exe 06/11/2006 11:59 PM 196,608 ssleay32.dll 9 File(s) 3,412,490 bytes 2 Dir(s) 18,774,929,408 bytes free
Was this the answer to this problem? I am having the same issue and I do not believe the download is corrupt (tried 2x). I believe it has to do with a libeay32.dll OpenSSL dll file which is in Windows\Systems32. This library is the same (but older) than the one provided in bin\native. If I were to guess, I suspect it was put there by cygwin as I have OpenSSL support enabled there.
Note that c:\windows\system32 appears before the bin\native in the java.library.path:
13:23:58,139 ERROR [AprLifecycleListener] The Apache Tomcat Native library that
JBoss Web requires (only the HTTP connector will be available) was not found on
the java.library.path: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_08\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system
WS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;C:\Program Files\Int
What is confusing is I have tried explicitly setting java.library.path to put bin\native first and it still does not work (yet the line above will indicate the correct order).
If I remove libeay32.dll from the windows\system32 area, I get a different ordinal number in the error message (968) which leads me to believe there is some interaction here.
I think the old version of libeay32.dll in the C:\windows\system32 was creating the problem for me. Once I removed that file, my install works fine
I found I had to remove both libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from windows\system32 and then JBossWeb started without issue. Of course, who knows what else I just broke.