If you're going to backport the component you can start with its sources: http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/richfaces/trunk/ui/fileUpload. There are some dependencies in richfaces-impl: http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/richfaces/trunk/framework/impl, you have to backport them too.
CDK guide will help you to understand how components are built using CDK: http://jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossrichfaces/freezone/docs/cdkguide/en/html_single/index.html
our dev guide describes the listener to be used for uploading. Alos you could checkout our samples. visit the link at our signatures.
Ilya and nbelaevski,
First of all thanks a lot for your reply.
I see from the documentation link that you guys have provided that richfaces file Upload component is only avilable from version 3.2.x or above. However Iam struck with JSF 1.1 (Sun RI) in my application and so I cannot use rich faces version higher than 3.1.6.
nbelaevski in you response you said that I can back port the source for File uploader to Richfaces version 3.0. I was looking at the source code of File uploader and Iam kinda lost, can you please elaborate as to how I can go about with back porting and use the richfaces UPloader component with rich faces 3.0 version.
I totally appreciate your quick response and am looking forward for your guidance!!!,
1. Checkout 3.1.6.GA tag from SVN and explore its structure: http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11864
2. Build it: http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-9919;jsessionid=F637F655AA52E5C57CAAFF5B09508716
3. Checkout 3.3.0.GA tag and merge ui\fileUpload into 3.1.6.GA
4. Merge necessary multipart-handling code (start exploration from org.ajax4jsf.request.MultipartRequest class)
5. Make it all compileable - and compatible with JSF 1.1 (change ValueExpression -> ValueBinding, so on)
6. Test and fix if necessary