1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2007 10:57 PM by peterj

HTTP only accept local connections

rafaelfarias

Hello.
      I'm using JBoss 4.2.1.GA instaled in a GNU/Linux 2.6.21 box, jdk 1.6.0_01-b06 and the IPv6 TCP network.
      The JBoss up with no problems (no errors and no warnings) but I can not remote access on 8080 port by browser (HTTP connection). A localhost HTTP connection works fine (8080 port). The java is using a java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true property. I disabled the IPv6 loading, on Linux, without success. I tried to remove "java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" property with both, IPv6 and IPv4 linux configuration without any success.
      The JBoss 3.2.7 works fine on the same machine and jdk with IPv6 and IPv4.
      A "netstat" reports "localhost:8080 listen" but it does not report "*:8080 listen" for JBoss 4 with both, IPv6 and IPv4. For JBoss 3 it reports "*:8080 listen" with both too, IPv6 and IPv4.
      The JBoss 4 is up in debug mode (JPDA/dt_socket) on 8787 port and I can establish a debug connection but for web server (8080 port) I can not.

Why is not the HTTP listening for remote connections?
      Is there a JBoss 4.2.1.GA bug on web server?
      There is any thing that can I do to solve this?
      Any suggestions?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
      Rafael

• 1. Re: HTTP only accept local connections
          peterj

Try reading the the readme.html file, especially the first bullet item under the 4.2.0 section under Configuration Issues.

Or read one of the multitude of other posts on this same topic. We have been averaging 2-3 queries on this issue every week, though I think yours is the 5th this week (I tend to lose count). You'll find those posts in Beginner's Corner and Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT.