This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
I am currently evaluating various Jboss technologies and the MicroContainer (MC) looks very promising. I have a few question I'd be appreciate if someone could answer.
First, I would appreciate if you don't cross-post in the future.
Design forum is not _user_ forum. ;-)
1. Is the MC similar in concept to Spring ?
What do you consider as Spring concept?
If you mean IoC, then yes.
But it's much more, perhaps more like Spring's SSAP.
Check the MC's home page, to see the full list of sub-projects.
2. According to documentation, I don't need App Server to run MC. How do I use MC if I also want to use web tier (JSP, JSF, Servlets)?
JBoss Embedded project does that for you,
but unfortunately it's not maintained properly.
It's all about how you do MC bootstrap.
Here's a couple of examples on how to do this:
Perhaps using something like that + porting some stuff from Embedded should do the trick.
3. What is the possible integration between MC and
I started working on this:
And I still got some ideas on how to extend this:
4. Can the MC run as another module within App Server so the integration mentioned above would be seamless.
MC _is_ the kernel of App Server,
so everything should already be seamless. ;-)
5. On the subject of seamless, can the MC be used within Seam?
I also started working on this,
but at that time I didn't like how the integration was done:
But with these new features, things should be trivial to integrate:
As a matter of fact, I just started working on it :-)