0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2008 7:24 PM by tulumvinh

Portlet using Apache MyFaces

tulumvinh

I am not successful in deploying the HelloWorldJSFPortlet. This portlet uses Apache MyFaces implementation of the Java Server Faces specification.

I am using JBP 2.6.3, JB AS 4.2.2 in a Windows XP environment.

Problem: After deploying the portlet, I log into JBP as user "admin". I don't see the HelloWorldJSFPortlet portlet under "portlet definitions" or HelloWorldJSFPortletInstance under "portlet instances". Even thought the server.log does not show any exceptions for this portlet, it does not seem to have been deployed.

I scanned the server.log and saw.
      2008-03-14 15:44:55,435 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.config.MyfacesConfig] Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath. Please make sure to use only one of the two JSF-implementations.

However, my portlet is configured for JBP to ignore its Sun's RI JSF implementaiton. I did this by adding the following parameter in my web.xml:

<context-param>
      <param-name>org.jboss.jbossfaces.WAR_BUNDLES_JSF_IMPL</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
      </context-param>

Here are the steps I took to implement the portlet:
      - I downloaded HelloWorldJSFMyFaces42Portlet.zip from the portletswap website (http://labs.jboss.com/portletswap/portlets_tutorial.html).
      - I copied helloworldjsfmyfacesportlet-war from C:\HelloWorldJSFMyFaces42Portlet\src\resources to $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/jboss-portal.sar.
      - Restarted JBoss AS.

Any help is appreciated.