4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2009 3:12 PM by conkan

Create a portlet from folder

margotmedia

Hallo,

i download the portlet Adress Bock from http://www.jboss.org/portletswap/downloads/portlets/collaborate/?action=a&windowstate=maximized and now i will use it in my jboss portal. Can somebody explain me step by step, how i can do this?

• 1. Re: Create a portlet from folder
          margotmedia

If i unzip this package, it create a folder and in the readme.txt the author say that i must use ANT but i never work with ant. Please somebody explain me step by step this, please.

• 2. Re: Create a portlet from folder

Step 1: Get ant (Ant is included in JBoss Portal and Eclipse. Otherwise, you can download it from apache.org).

Step 2 (Optional step): Set path to ant. My path is /opt/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.7.0.v200803061910/bin. But you can find ant at $PORTAL_HOME/tools/bin

Step 3: Run ant using the targets in build.xml. If you don't specify a target, then the default target will be used.

• 3. Re: Create a portlet from folder
              margotmedia

Thank you for your answer. Can you please explain Step 3.

What's the command on shell for my portlet?

• 4. Re: Create a portlet from folder

>Can you please explain Step 3.

Refer to apache ant's build file specification at www.apache.org. Keep in mind that Eclipse uses apache ant. Therefore, you could build using Eclipse if you provide Eclipse with the proper dependencies. (You can even make a new ant build project using Eclipse.)

> What's the command on shell for my portlet?

Read the portlet specification, JBoss Portal Documentation, and the author's documentation.