1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2005 2:21 AM by aron.gombas

Info on Kosmos

melek

I have had trouble navigating the available information and I apologize if answers to my questions are on the site already.

We are interested in using Kosmos for subversion monitoring, but do not have the resources currently to set up and maintain a Java server. Do you need a runtime environment for kosmos, or are precompiled Linux-specific binaries available? Is it standalone, or does it have high overhead in dependant applications?

Please help me, this looks like the right solution but I am just not sure!

-Melek

• 1. Re: Info on Kosmos
          aron.gombas

"melek" wrote:
          Do you need a runtime environment for kosmos, or are precompiled Linux-specific binaries available? Is it standalone, or does it have high overhead in dependant applications?

You need a JSR-168 compliant portlet container to host the Kosmos portlets and a servlet container to host the Kosmos server. Native executables are not available (that makes no sense here), but in the "Downloads" section you can find packages preconfigured for the most widely used open source vendors like eXo, Gridspere, Liferay or JBoss Portal.
          Those packages are extremely easy to install: should work simply by copying the content to deployment dir of the servlet container.