3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2006 9:04 AM by aron.gombas

Jira Portlet

goersch

Afther reading the discussions and the Requests about the JIRA Portlet why are you not using the XML Interface to log in and get the necesary data instead of scraping the pages?

• 1. Re: Jira Portlet
          aron.gombas

"goersch" wrote:
          Afther reading the discussions and the Requests about the JIRA Portlet why are you not using the XML Interface to log in and get the necesary data instead of scraping the pages?

What do you mean by "XML Interface"? Their XML-RPC remote API?
          If so, then you can see on the JIRA pages that using that is discouraged, and SOAP is recommended. Implementing the SOAP-based communication is high on my todo list, but simply can't find the time now... :-|

• 2. Re: Jira Portlet
            goersch

Yes i meant the XML - RPC remote API but i didn't see that it was high on your priority list.

The second thing is that we use CCNet and would like to integrate it into kosmos. I'm looking forward to write a protlet that supports the syntax of the CCNet files. If i'm finished i can notice you and maybe it will be come part of cosmos so others that are using CCNet can use it too.

• 3. Re: Jira Portlet
              aron.gombas

"goersch" wrote:
              Yes i meant the XML - RPC remote API but i didn't see that it was high on your priority list.

I have the concept in a plain textfile. The idea is to have pluggability: one interface implemented by 2 concrete classes. One of them is the current page-scraping technique (still useful when the API is not published!), the other is the new SOAP API based technique.
              You can choose between them in the config.

"goersch" wrote:
              The second thing is that we use CCNet and would like to integrate it into kosmos.

Sounds cool to me. I'd definitely add it to Kosmos!
              (Plz consider reusing as much code as possible without duplications, e.g. by refactoring and extending the current classes.)