4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2006 12:53 AM by aron.gombas

kosmos 0.2.0RC1 doesn't work with CruiseControl

kornhill

Anyone with luck getting the CCMonitorPorlet in Kosmos 0.2.0RC1 work with CruiseControl 2.3.1 or 2.4.0 or 2.4.1RC2, please share your experience. I just keep getting "[CcServiceImpl] Unable to scrape".

Also, the Kosmos portlets won't show upon deployment. Instances of the portlets need to be manually created and then added to the Kosmos page. After restarting the JBoss Portal, however, the manual configuration is lost. Any advises would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: kosmos 0.2.0RC1 doesn't work with CruiseControl
          aron.gombas

"kornhill" wrote:
          Anyone with luck getting the CCMonitorPorlet in Kosmos 0.2.0RC1 work with CruiseControl 2.3.1 or 2.4.0 or 2.4.1RC2, please share your experience. I just keep getting "[CcServiceImpl] Unable to scrape".

Do you realize that the CC portlet behaviour changed? It doesn't look for the CC logfiles in the local filesystem anymore, but downloads them from the web. It means you have to modify your existing portlet.xml's when upgrading to this latest version of Kosmos.
          Can you show me your JBP log? I'd like to see if the CC build logs are downloaded correctly.

"kornhill" wrote:
          Also, the Kosmos portlets won't show upon deployment. Instances of the portlets need to be manually created and then added to the Kosmos page. After restarting the JBoss Portal, however, the manual configuration is lost. Any advises would be appreciated.

I had the same experience, then I have shown the descriptor (Kosmos-object.xml) to Roy Russo, who thought they are correct, so probably a bug in JBP 2.2. When I created the instances manually, it was working properly, and my settings were not lost, either.

• 2. Re: kosmos 0.2.0RC1 doesn't work with CruiseControl
            spostek

I might have 2 tips that tripped me up. In my run script, that started up JBoss, I had to add http.proxyHost and http.proxyHost since I Jboss had to access these CC boxes via a proxy server at my work. Sounds basic, but it took me a bit of time to realize that.

Also. the second error really hit me hard. It seems Kosmos needs the "XML Log File"' link to be in the form href="/cruisecontrol/buildresults/quake-hpux1123IA?tab=xmlLogFile". However, for some reason, version 2.3.1 and 2.4 versions of CruiseControl ship the the main.jsp that creates an "XML Log File" link of the form href="/cruisecontrol/buildresults/quake-hpux1123IA?<direct link to xml file>. I found that 2.3.01 build of the jsp has the correct link.

So, in other words, the key is to take a look and make sure your log file is rendered in the page rather than directly.

Hope this helps,
            Steve

• 3. Re: kosmos 0.2.0RC1 doesn't work with CruiseControl
              aron.gombas

"spostek" wrote:
              It seems Kosmos needs the "XML Log File"' link to be in the form href="/cruisecontrol/buildresults/quake-hpux1123IA?tab=xmlLogFile". However, for some reason, version 2.3.1 and 2.4 versions of CruiseControl ship the the main.jsp that creates an "XML Log File" link of the form href="/cruisecontrol/buildresults/quake-hpux1123IA?<direct link to xml file>. I found that 2.3.01 build of the jsp has the correct link.

Thanks for spotting this out, Steve.
              Can you add this issue to our JIRA database, possibly with links to Result pages generated by 2.3.1 and 2.4? It should be an easy fix (first try the first style, then fall back to the second), but I need testdata.
              Thanks.

• 4. Re: kosmos 0.2.0RC1 doesn't work with CruiseControl
                aron.gombas