1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2007 3:05 PM by oberiko

MediaWiki syntax and file handling

oberiko

Hello, a few suggestions for the design of JBossWiki.

MediaWiki syntax
      Would it be possible, as an option, to allow the Wiki administrator to change the forums to use pseudo-MediaWiki style syntax instead of JSPWiki syntax?

Categories
      Handled the same as MediaWiki

Files

Central repository
      I know that JSPWiki allows files uploaded on a page basis, but I'd prefer to upload centrally and link to files with a [[File:FileName.ext|MyFile]] tag as I could potentially want the same file available on multiple pages. The MyFile would, of course, be optional. These files wouldn't need to be rendered within the wiki, so they could simply be stored and transferred as BLOBs.

File sharing with CMS
      I would also like to be able to access files stored in the default JackRabbit CMS from within my wiki without having to upload it twice. For these I'd like a [[JRCMS:FilePath\FileName.ext|version|MyFile]] tag, with the last two portions being optional (if no specific version is specified, then it would use the last one).

Going the other way, I'd like to see a "JBossWiki" folder added to CMSAdmin if JBossWiki is installed which would allow file management from there instead.

Categorization
      I'd like for files to have the same kind of categorization options as any other page.

• 1. Re: MediaWiki syntax and file handling
          oberiko

One thing I forgot.

I'm assuming that security will be done at the page level, would it be possible to set security constraints at the category level as well? Thus any page with the [[category:Customer1]] could only be set to only be viewed by users in the "Customer 1" group etc. This should also (optionally) flow down to sub-categories.