0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2009 4:23 PM by kaltstellen

Question about killing a remote transaction

kaltstellen

I'm calling a remote EJB stateless session; it uses lazy instantiation via hibernate and apparently creates a transaction to support the instantiation.

I'm trying to perform some data base updates using information from the remote call, but the remote transaction is still open and blocking me from creating my new transaction for the update.

How can I kill the remote transaction? I have no access to the remote bean and I've tried setting both the remote reference and the returned object to null to take them out of context.

The update works fine when I don't make the remote call and perform the update with dummy data.

I'm hitting a brick wall - any help would be greatly appreciated.

We're running jboss-eap-4.3

The following is from the log, from the method where I attempt my update:

2009-07-17 14:15:36,506 WARN [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.lastResource.disallow]
      [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.lastResource.disallow]
      Adding multiple last resources is disallowed. Current resource is org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager$LocalXAResource@f737a7

2009-07-17 14:15:36,537 INFO [STDOUT] exception: javax.persistence.PersistenceException org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection