3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2007 11:29 AM by marklittle

documentation incorrect in jbossesb-4.2MR1

webhunter

Hi, I have just downloaded the jbossesb-4.2MR1 and the associated documentation.

It appears that the documenation is'nt correct (unless I have done a serious mistake). An instance where I find it incorrect is:

The doc says copy the esb-quickstart-service.xml from ../samples/quickstarts .... However, if I go to the samples/quickstarts folder I dont find the file esb-quickstart-service.xml, instead I see two files named esb-quickstart-jbmq-service.xml and esb-quickstart-jbm-service.xml.

Could someone please help on what might be going wrong with my observation.

• 1. Re: documentation incorrect in jbossesb-4.2MR1
          cjunge

Hi, if I understand correctly you should copy one of the two files depending on the messaging platform you are using. If you are running the ESB as a SAR deployed to your JBoss AS then you should use the esb-quickstart-jbmq-service.xml because the AS uses MQ for messaging by default and if your are running the ESB as a server you should use the other, because it uses JBoss Messaging insted of MQ.

Someone please correct me if I am saying something wrong.

Greetings,
          Cristian

• 2. Re: documentation incorrect in jbossesb-4.2MR1
            tfennelly

You're dead right Cristian.

In fact, I'm not sure you need to deploy either of these files at all - I never do. It may be that one of the quickstarts requires it, but I'm not sure. Since 4.2MR1, we support service deployment (queues etc) from within the .esb archives => there shouldn't be a need for these files - can someone confirm please??

webhunter: try working without deploying either of these files - see if/where it breaks.

• 3. Re: documentation incorrect in jbossesb-4.2MR1
              marklittle

Create a JIRA for it so we can track.