2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2007 3:38 PM by marklittle

problem deploying helloworld quickstart

cjunge

Hi, I have a problem deploying the helloworld quickstart to the JBoss AS. I'm using the 4.0.5.GA version of the AS patched with ejb3 RC9. I installed the 4.2MR1 version of the esb as a sar to the AS. I get the following error when y deplot the .esb file to the AS.

2007-04-19 12:18:27,796 WARN [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.esb:deployment=Quickstart_helloworld.esb
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.config.JbossesbDocument$Factory.parse(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.config.Generator.(Generator.java:91)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.config.Generator.(Generator.java:73)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.config.Configuration.create(Configuration.java:89)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.config.JBoss4ESBDeployment.startService(JBoss4ESBDeployment.java:78)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
      at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
      at $Proxy52.start(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.config.JBoss4ESBDeployer.start(JBoss4ESBDeployer.java:267)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:1025)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:819)
      at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:782)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
      at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
      at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
      at $Proxy6.deploy(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:421)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:610)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:263)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:274)
      at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:225)
      2007-04-19 12:18:27,797 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] End deployment start on package: Quickstart_helloworld.esb
      2007-04-19 12:18:27,797 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Deployed package: file:/cvs/home/home/agarcia/local/jboss-4.0.5.GA/server/default/deploy/Quickstart_helloworld.esb
      2007-04-19 12:18:27,799 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
      ObjectName: jboss.esb:deployment=FalametActions.esb
      State: FAILED
      Reason: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

ObjectName: jboss.esb:deployment=Quickstart_helloworld.esb
      State: FAILED
      Reason: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: problem deploying helloworld quickstart
          cjunge

This seems to happen because I had a different version of xbean.jar in the server/default/lib directory that was needed by another application I had deployed earlier.

There is a xbean.jar in the server/default/deploy/jbossesb.sar/lib directory that's presumably used by the ESB to read the configuration and it was probably using the xbean.jar from the server/default/lib directory.

I removed the XML beans jars from the AS lib directory and was able to deploy the .esb packages without errors. Hope this is useful for someone else.

• 2. Re: problem deploying helloworld quickstart
            marklittle

Thanks for the update. Can you JIRA this so we can track it?