2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2007 5:53 PM by tcunning

Trailblazer with ESB 4.2MR2

dudikoff

I'm using ESB 4.2 MR2.

with AS 4.2 the trailblazer doesn't work, after submitting the default or changed data in the jsp the site is loading nothing happens.
      ok, example and documentation are based on 4.0.5, so I used the JEMS installer to install 4.0.5 with EJB3 Option choosed, deployed the ESB. Both work.
      then I edited the configuration files according to the trailblazer readme.txt, deployed the example and started the bank. now when submitting data of the JSP I get the following exception in the browser:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /index.jsp:137

134: webCustomer.setLoanAmount(Double.valueOf(formValue[6]).doubleValue());
      135: webCustomer.setLoanDuration(Integer.valueOf(formValue[7]).intValue());
      136:
      137: binding.requestLoan(webCustomer); %>
      138:
      139:
      140:

and this in the application server:

ERROR [org.jboss.ws.jaxrpc.SOAPFaultExceptionHelper] SOAP request exception
      java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: setProperty must be overridden by all subclasses of SOAPMessage
      at javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.setProperty(Unknown Source)

ERROR [org.jboss.ws.jaxrpc.SOAPFaultExceptionHelper] Error creating SOAPFault message
      java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: setProperty must be overridden by all subclasses of SOAPMessage
      at javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.setProperty(Unknown Source)

is this problem related to jboss-ws ?

• 1. Re: Trailblazer with ESB 4.2MR2
          kurtstam

1. Now that JBossAS4.2 has gone GA, we will support it soon enough on the trunk. However fro ESB4.2MR2 please use AS 4.0.5.

2. Yeah it looks like something is wrong in the soap transport. It was tested AS 4.0.5 running ESB 4.2 MR2. Maybe you can clean and start from a fresh install? Let us know. Tom Cunningham is currently rewoking this a bit, so he might be able to lend you a hand if you don't get it to work.

--Kurt

• 2. Re: Trailblazer with ESB 4.2MR2
            tcunning

There's been quite a few trailblazer changes that have gone in the past couple days that I think should fix your issues. If you want, you should be able to get them from SVN:

svn co http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossesb/trunk

Please note that there have been changes in the trunk that are incompatible with MR2, so you can't just download the trailblazer and stick it into MR2.

-Tom