1. Can I deploy the application developped using Jboss ESB in any application server like Websphere, Weblogic,iPlanet etc ?
Burr: Your business logic can run in WAS, WLS or iPlanet - look at the business_service quickstart. Plus there is a WAR deployment option which MAY allow the ESB itself to run in WAS, WLS or iPlanet. However, the ESB WILL run great in its own JVM beside the JVM that is running WAS/WLS.
2. Does Jboss ESB( current version 4.0 ) support IBM MQSeries ? If it supports how can I have a sample tutorial
demonstrating the development and deployment in Websphere ?
Burr: It does but I've not personally tried it. I'll have to let one of the other team members respoind.
3. Can I have synchronous communication using Jboss ESB ?
Burr: Yes, webservice_war1 quickstart is an example
4. What are the minimum configuration for deployment of Jboss ESB in the server side ? Should I follow the same which
you provide in the instal directory of Jboss ESB binaries ?
Burr: Check out the ESB Server in the 4.2 MR1 or MR2.
5. Is it always necessary to configure all the Queues in the server deploy directory before the application starts up ?
Burr: Use "ant deploy" in the helloworld quickstart. You'll see that it creates a .esb archive which has the JMS descriptions inside it.
there any way I can dynamically configure the Queue for communication of messages.
Burr: Yes, but you'll need to interact with the MBean directly. We don't ESB specific doc on this item at this point so go with the .esb archive option which many of the quickstarts illustrate.
6. Is it always necessary to have all the required .sar files and directories in the server for deployment of esb application.
Burr: The SAR is the core ESB engine itself.
Hi Jboss team,
I thank you for your response.
If Burr manages to find time to do another webinar, I'd recommend you sign up for it. They are very informative.