3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2007 7:13 PM by bennettm

New to ESB

bennettm

I'm trying to get started with JBossESB but there is so much conflicting information available it's making life a little harder than I expect.
      I've downloaded JBossAS 4.2.0GA and JBossESB 4.2MR2 and followed the install instruction and tried to follow the helloworld sample but get the following error when trying to deploy the .esb file:

2007-07-23 18:15:28,164 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Could not create deployment: file:/D:/JBoss/jboss-4.2.0.GA/server/defaultesb/tmp/deploy/tmp64981Quickstart_helloworld.esb-contents/jbm-queue-service.xml
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService)

so I went back and followed the ESBGettingStarted wiki (i.e deploy as standalone) and that seems to work. Any thoughts on why I can't deploy the .esb file?

Also, what are the correct settings for the Eclipse ESB getting started plugin? I can't seems to get the plugin to accept anything.

Thanks,
      Matt

• 1. Re: New to ESB
          bennettm

opps, I missed this FAQ:

Release 4.2MR2 of JBossESB does not deploy successfully to JBossAS 4.2.0. You will have better luck sticking with the JBossAS release that is included in the JBossESB stand alone binary distribution (4.0.5 at the time of this writing).

But still not sure about the settings for the Eclipse ESB plugin...

Cheers,
          Matt

• 2. Re: New to ESB
            kurtstam

Are you in a position to use 4.2MR3. It is tested to work on JBossAS4.2.0.GA.

--Kurt

• 3. Re: New to ESB
              bennettm

I'll give it a whirl, thanks.