10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2007 6:11 AM by marklittle

classloader problem?

jw

Im using ESB 4.2.MR3.

A client sends a JMS Object Message. The content is of type ClassA.
      In an action I can call

message.getBody().get().getClass().getName()

and it returns the right class name (which is ClassA). But trying to
      assign the value like

ClassA a;

a = (ClassA)message.getBody().get()

raises a ClassCastException. It seems, that different Classloaders are used. Serializing message.getBody().get() and deserializing it into a solves the problem (but that must be only a workaround).

Any ideas whats wrong?

• 1. Re: classloader problem?
          marklittle

Can you show me the code that you use to populate the message you're sending? Is it an ESB-aware client, for example?

• 2. Re: classloader problem?

Try to create the message with MessageType.JAVA_SERIALIZED, but ClassA must implements Serializable

• 3. Re: classloader problem?
              jw

Hi Mark

The message comes through the gateway. So | just write a normal JMS Object Message to the queue the gateway is listening.

• 4. Re: classloader problem?
                marklittle

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're using the standard JMS Gateway? Do you provide your own JMS composer implementation?

The standard gateway composer creates a default Message, which is XML. Can you also confirm (by calling Message.getType()) that you're dealing with an XML implementation?

• 5. Re: classloader problem?
                  marklittle

BTW, just so we're clear, when you said:

Serializing message.getBody().get() and deserializing it into a solves the problem (but that must be only a workaround).

What precisely did you do?

• 6. Re: classloader problem?
                    marklittle

Can you also try the following: set org.jboss.soa.esb.message.default.uri in the "core" section of the ESB property file to urn:jboss/esb/message/type/JAVA_SERIALIZED and rerun your example.

• 7. Re: classloader problem?
                      jw

Hi Mark

Hot deplyment was the problem. It works after a restart.

Just to answer your questions:

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're using the standard JMS Gateway?

yes

Do you provide your own JMS composer implementation?

no

Can you also try the following: set org.jboss.soa.esb.message.default.uri in the "core" section of the ESB property file to urn:jboss/esb/message/type/JAVA_SERIALIZED and rerun your example.

has no effect. message.getType() is always XML (but that's not a problem for me).

Thanks for help
                      Juerg

• 8. Re: classloader problem?
                        marklittle

So this wasn't an issue with JBossESB? I just want to be sure we don't miss something in the next GA release. Thanks.

• 9. Re: classloader problem?
                          jw

no, I think it's a 'hot deployment side effect' and not an ESB problem.

• 10. Re: classloader problem?
                            marklittle

OK, thanks.